Home Adoption Timeline Adoption Resources Infertility Resources My TCC Summary Image Map

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Possible Treatment for LUFS

I have LUFS, which is Luteinized Unruptured Follicle Syndrome. With this condition, I have normal 28 cycles. I have normal BBT rises. I get a positive OPK. I even get a progesterone level over 15, at 7DPO. It all makes it look like I am normal. BUT I do not actually ovulate. My follicle does not pop.This is why the RE told me there was nothing wrong with me and IVF was the only way to go.
I came across this LUFS treatment Article on the internet. It was written two years ago by a DR.  in Japan. Here is my summary on it becuase the article is very complicated to read. Right before ovulation there is an increase in some type of white blood cells. This  reacts with  the follicle wall. It makes it thinner, so that when you get the LH surge it will pop open. This makes complete sense for me. I can grow a normal follicle on my own, but they never pop. THis medicine is supposed to increase your white blood cells to provide the missing reaction.
 I was very excited to have an option to pursue becuase it seems that everything else has failed. I emailed the Dr in Japan and he emailed me back the next day. He is still doing the research and now has a 90% success rate. I asked my Dr about it. He said that he never heard of it before. He is going to call the Dr in Japan and ask him about the research and then he will consider treating me with it....... I am so excited that I may finally have a real treatment after 3.5 years of infertility........
I am pasting the response from the Dr in Japan below...
__________________________________________________________________________________
     Thank you very much for your interest in my research!

     If your LUFS is not caused by severe adhesion of around ovaries due to endometriosis, pelvic surgeries, etc, the treatment using G-CSF is effective at the rate of more than 90 %.  The number of our clinical trial reached to 70 cycles and the effective rate is more than 90%.
We will publish the new paper in English regarding our clinical trial, when the numbers of the cycle reach to 100 cycles.

     G-CSF is widely used in the field of cancer treatment to increase the number of Granulocytes.  In the USA, it is marketed by Amgen with the brand name Neupogen (filgrastim), although we are using another type of G-CSF, lenograstim.  There are no differences between them.

     In our country, we can use any drug for any purpose, if patient gives her doctor an informed consent.
I don't know the situation in the USA.  If the situation is the same, you can receive G-CSF treatment by your doctor.
Until today, we have no side effects of G-CSF in our clinical trial.
If your doctor has more questions, I am willing to answer his questions.

     Thank you again for your interest!

     with best regards,

     Yours sincerely,



********************************************
Satoru Makinoda, M.D.
Professor and Chairman
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
Kanazawa Medical University
Uchinada
920-0293 Japan
E-mail:mak@kanazawa-med.ac.jp
Tel.:+81-76-218-8142
Fax.:+81-76-286-2629
********************************************

5 comments:

  1. I have LUFS too, dx by Dr. Hilgers and successfully treated by him, thankfully. Yes, everything looked picture perfect on the outside too, but on the inside, not so much! Interesting article!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear WheelbarrowRider,

    Can you tell us what was treatment of Dr. Hilgers that successfully worked for you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi. im looking to have the same stretm' just for thin lining. hope will work on me...waiting for 9 yearsssss

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really it was a nice post..thanks for sharing......
    infertility treatments

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am very happy to pass this to everyone that is sicking from any kind of disease that the solution to all diseases and sickness have arrive, i was just cured by Dr idahosa the great healer after i have been passing through stress all day and night. i never know i was going to be cured of this HIV sickness in my life cause they said there is no cure, i am proving all those that said that there is no cure wrong cause i have just been cured with herbal medicine of Dr idahosa the great healer, i cant talk cause my heart is full of excitement and i am using this medium of my testimony to inform you all to contact this man for any kind of sickness and he is ready to help you solve your problem. please if you are out there passing through any sickness kindly contact him here through his email address:{ dridahosasolutioncenter@gmail.com } whatssap number +2348134261542,  he  is waiting for you. once more i say a very big thank you for what you have done for me, i will keep my promise to keep sharing testimony about what God have use you to do in my life.
    Dr Idahosa also cure listed diseases:

    1, Night sweats
    2, Lesions on your tongue or mouth
    3, Weight loss
    4, Frequent fever
    5, Persistent Diarrhea
    6, Skin rashes
    7, Tiredness
    8, Swollen lymph glands
    9, Pneumonia
    10, Memory loss
    11, Depression
    12, Swelling of the lymph glands
    13, Red, brown, pink spots on the skin, mouth, nose, or eyelids
    14, Sores of the mouth, anus, or genitals
    15' HIV/AIDS
    16' Herpes virus
    17, Penis Enlargement
    18, Hepatitis AB and C
    19, Diabetes
    20, Ulcer

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I love getting comments. You may also send me a private message if needed. I had to turn the word verification back on due to way too much spam.