Home Adoption Timeline Adoption Resources Infertility Resources My TCC Summary Image Map

Saturday, April 25, 2015

Home Study Annual Renewal

It is that time already. We are starting the process of  renewing our home study. So far DH got his physical done, mine is next week. We had to get papers notarized swearing that we have not committed any crimes. They also ran our finger prints again. We have to have another home visit in May.

I started to think that maybe if I had a nicer house with a huge backyard, I could update my profile book and be more attractive to a BM. We were also tired of waiting around for a baby so we decided that it was finally time to move.

For the past three weeks we have been consumed with house hunting. It has been great. We are happier and have really enjoyed the hunt. We signed up with an agent and started to look online. We went to a bunch of open houses and had our agent get us a few showings. I saw a bunch that I loved and so did DH but they were not the same ones. It will be difficult for us to find something that we will both love.

We are tying really hard to get our house ready to get listed. Today we sent our first car load of stuff to the storage unit. We are going to declutter our house as much as possible to make it look larger and more appealing. 

I have to laugh bc we have been very responsible up until this point. Now we are taking a huge risk bc we have to sell our house and find a house to buy that is affordable while keeping in mind the expensive adoption that we also have to pay for.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with the house hunt! We are just starting the adoption process, but I have to think that doing an annual renewal is both a pain and also sad, because you wish you didn't have to do it. For those reasons, prayers for you today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We did the h/s renewal back in Jan...ugh. Sad but glad when it was done. You are very brave for taking on a move now. Better I guess there is no better time then the present to get those "big" things done before bringing a little one into your home.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I love getting comments. You may also send me a private message if needed. I had to turn the word verification back on due to way too much spam.