Home Adoption Timeline Adoption Resources Infertility Resources My TCC Summary Image Map

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Another Mystery Smell

There is really nothing else going on. I don't really want to write about the 3 day state math exam we had to give this week. So, yes, I am going to write about a mystery smell and hope that I  make someone laugh.

I started to smell something slightly funky downstairs. Of course DH did not smell a thing. I took out the garbage but it did not really have that smell. I lit candles and sprayed febreeze. It got a little better. I was hoping it was just the garbage lingering. The next day, I smelled it again. It started to get stronger. My downstairs is almost all open so the smell was everywhere. It was not really strong, but it was really gross.

I was getting to that point where I had no idea what it was and I was worried that something died. I kept lighting candles and spraying etc. Then I went on a mad cleaning spree to check for anything in my house that it could be. I found nothing.

The next day my dh opened the freezer and there it was.........OMG  It was weird bc things in the freezer do not usually smell rotten. I also clean out the fridge every week, so  I had no leftovers. I decided to take everything out and clean. I was in the fridge but I could not tell what it was. I started to take things out and then it hit me.......OMG

It was a small container of black beans that I had opened a few days ago. They were in a plastic container with a screw top. It was so gross, that I had to take it outside to open the container. I probably should have just thrown the whole thing out. EWWWWWWWWWW what a foul smell.

I checked online, I guess beans only last in the fridge for a few days. I thought they would be ok for a week.
WHO KNEW?????

I was trying to be healthy by  having  salad for lunch. I would open a can of beans on Sunday and put them in the container. I had several small containers of various items like celery, tomatoes, carrots, peppers etc.  Then I would put some of each item on my salad every day in the morning before work.

I am too grossed out to eat beans for awhile.

4 comments:

  1. Gotta love those mystery smells! I did not know that about beans, I guess I should check my fridge too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh!!! Too GROSS!!! I'm glad you found what was making the place stink.
    I've found that husbands can't usually smell as well as women can. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need you stop by, cuz I have a smell I can't figure out where it's coming from.. & Hubs can't smell it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have an amazing sense of smell, so I'm always the first to find "surprises" like that. I'll have to remember that about black beans. Eeewwww!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I love getting comments. You may also send me a private message if needed. I had to turn the word verification back on due to way too much spam.