Home Adoption Timeline Adoption Resources Infertility Resources My TCC Summary Image Map

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

First Profile Showing part 2

I was tired of waiting, so I emailed the SW. She wrote me back one sentence. Something like the BM chose another family, sorry... let's move forward. No feedback, just a sentence. I did not really expect much due to her personality.

So know we know. At least now I can relax.  There are a lot of crazy things going on in the next few weeks, so on one hand I am relieved that we did not get picked.....but that is me trying to stay positive. It would have been nuts, but we would have dropped everything  and made it work. I am disappointed that we did not get picked. =(

It was my first showing so I did not expect to get picked. It was a crazy tww trying to think about it actually happening for once. It is so wild that I could have brought home a baby next month.

My hope is that now we have had our first showing, more will come.

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry :( that has to be really disappointing. Prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry. I grieved quite a bit when we didn't match after our first showing, so don't be afraid to allow yourself to be sad for a while. It really is a loss. :( And I'm so sorry your SW handled that so poorly. I'm not sure if you'd like to be so bold, but next time I'd ask her from the very start to contact you as soon as she knows you're picked/not picked. It only takes a minute to send a one sentence email, ya know? Very unthoughtful of her to leave you hanging with all those hopes for so long. Again, I'm so sorry. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete


  3. I want MONEY!!!




    (and working families are who I want it from!!!)




    San Felipe de Neri Parish; 2005 North Plaza NW, Albuquerque, NM 87104

    mailing address: PO Box 7007, Albuquerque, NM 87194



    Pastor: Rev. Dennis Garcia

    Deacons: Jose Lucero, Maurice Menke, Tom Perez, James Carabajal

    Religious education: Melany Gallegos, Director
    School: Jennifer Mason, Principal
    Museum and Gift Shop: Steve Torres Manager (convent bookstore on-site)

    Stewardship Report:

    November 1 & 2, 2014

    Sunday envelopes: $6,906.50
    Sunday loose: $909.72
    $7816.22
    Envelopes used: 321
    Building fund: $1,009.00
    All Saints Day: $1,037.00
    All Souls Day: $565.00
    St. Vincent De Paul: $1,843.00
    Other: $192

    Renovation Pledge/Annual Catholic Appeal:

    Our Parish Goal is $80,000 to pay on our debt for the renovation project.
    Total pledged: $71,285.14
    Total paid: $54,795.14
    Pledge balance: $16,490.00

    Families: (active registered) 1,200
    Total number of pledges: 245

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I love getting comments. You may also send me a private message if needed. I had to turn the word verification back on due to way too much spam.