Home Adoption Timeline Adoption Resources Infertility Resources My TCC Summary Image Map

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Being Thankful

I hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving. I traveled down to visit my family. I had a nice time. My sister was not there so that made things easier. My cousin had a baby 3 months ago. She looked great but she was complaining that she used to have a flat stomach...UGH  It was hard for me at first, but then I slowly got used to it. She is not such a show off like my sister. Also, she has been more kind to my situation. She also had a tough delivery bc she was induced, got bells palsy from it, and then her baby had major acid reflux. This made me feel less jealous and more sorry for her. After awhile though I started to reach my limit when the only topic of conversation for my relatives was the baby over and over.
 
It is that time to reflect on what you are thankful for. DH and I have been really thinking about this one lately. Being childless is still a major crisis. I still think about it every day, but I am trying to also think of the many blessings I have.  It is really hard when there is something you want really bad and you know you'll never get it. It makes you obsess over that one thing and forget about all the other good things.

We really do have a lot to be thankful for. We have a stable marriage, a house,  we are both in good shape and in good health. We both have jobs. I have a job that I love. I get a lot of time off including the summer. I have good friends and family who care about me. None of my family lost their lives or house during that hurricane last month.

 Even though we are on a budget due to saving for the adoption fund, we decided to work on the house some more. We kept it simple and bought some organizers and other items for the house. Sometimes a small change can make life better. I had a small section of my bedroom where I keep my extra sheets and blankets. It was a big mess. I had them on a table in the back. I finally bought a tall storage cabinet to store them in. It is great bc now they are tidy and you cannot see them behind the closed doors. There are also many shelves so I can sort and organize them.

I took last month off due to a cyst and I am taking this month off too. I just reached 5.5 years of TTC and I am tired of all this. I would like to relax and enjoy the holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I love getting comments. You may also send me a private message if needed. I had to turn the word verification back on due to way too much spam.