Home Adoption Timeline Adoption Resources Infertility Resources My TCC Summary Image Map

Sunday, June 14, 2015

Working on the House

It has almost been a month since we listed our house for sale. We have continued to work on the house every day since then. It is crazy that we listed our house and we were not really ready. I don't regret it bc we tend to be perfectionists sometimes and I just had to get it listed or I knew it would never happen.

I started with touching up paint in every room. I had a few spots that I missed, some chips near the corner or floor, or some spots on a wall that would not come clean. This quickly became a huge project bc not all paint cans were usable. Some were really old, rusty, and gross.  I had to get more paint. I also needed more brushes bc I wanted to paint more than one color at a time. After I cleaned out all of the closets, I realized that they also needed to be repainted.

The master bedroom was the worst. We had a stress crack going from the ceiling to the floor. It was there when we bought the house, we had fixed it and it came back, so we had left it alone. I plastered the crack and when I repainted it, I quickly realized that the wall was no longer the same color and the repair stuck out. The color had faded from the sun. I had to repaint the whole room.  I love the fresh color.

After we cleaned out the garage, I had to plaster some holes, repaint the walls and the floor. The floor had been painted gray by the previous owners. A lot of it had come off, there was white paint, rust etc all over the floor. It really needed to be paved, so I decided to repaint the floor gray and it looked amazing.

The linen closest is four ft long and had metal shelves that I had covered with shelf paper when we moved in. I totally forgot about them until I cleared out the closet. I went to Home Depot to buy some wood boards and paint them. They look amazing in the closet. The closet used to be 12 in deep, now it is 16 in deep. We got some cute baskets to keep our stuff neat and hidden in the closet. 




2 comments:

  1. Wow, you really did work hard - even painting the closets. Kind of makes you wish you would have done some of that work earlier for your enjoyment. Good luck on the sale.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can only imagine the work that goes into getting a home ready to sell. Good luck with that and Lord willing it will sell soon!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I love getting comments. You may also send me a private message if needed. I had to turn the word verification back on due to way too much spam.