Home Adoption Timeline Adoption Resources Infertility Resources My TCC Summary Image Map

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Hair Donation

Last month I donated 9 inches of my hair. It took me a year and a half to grow it long it enough. Since all the disappointment and sadness of not being able to have a baby, I set out a while back with this goal in mind. I wanted to be able to have some control over my body and be able to help others in need. It was easy at first, but then towards the end, I had to struggle with not cutting it. It was too long to manage and I really felt the sacrifice I was making for another person.
Today I received a letter from Pantene, where I sent my hair. It was so nice to know that they got it and that they were able to use it. Here is a copy of the letter.
************************************************************************************
On behalf of Pantene Beautiful Lengths, with heartfelt appreciation, we thank you for giving so selflessly of yourself to women who are faced with hair loss from cancer treatment.
Your healthy ponytail will help give self confidence back to a special woman who is battling cancer so that she can fight the disease with a little more dignity. Your generosity is touching and we hope it will inspire many others to make the kindest cut of all.
As you may already know, it takes roughly six ponytails to make one Pantene Beautiful Lengths wig. Your donation will be joined with five others and transformed into a high-qua1lty,Real-hair wig"by HairUWear®, our campaign partner and the leading global producer of real-hair wigs and extensions.
We are also honored to work closely with the American Cancer Society®. The American Cancer Society distributes Pantene Beautiful Lengths wigs, at no cost, to female cancer patients, through its extensive network of nationwide wig banks. If you are interested in finding out more about this program and the incredible difference that it is making, please visit www.beautifullengths.com.
Together, we can help bring some joy into the lives of women living with cancer.
Kind Regards,
Pantene Beautiful Lengths

1 comment:

  1. What a smart way to use your time and a great example to others! Thank you for this information. If I could grow my hair that long it would be so gross no one would want it, but I will definitely pass it on!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I love getting comments. You may also send me a private message if needed. I had to turn the word verification back on due to way too much spam.