Home Adoption Timeline Adoption Resources Infertility Resources My TCC Summary Image Map

Friday, December 31, 2010

2010 Recap and Goals for 2011

 
2010
Other stuff (Not as much as TTC. It seems that my life is consumed by it. Hopefully I will remember some more stuff to add here. I started out with two items and then decided I had to add more.)
  • Traveled down to see the national Shrine of St. Gerard. (hmm never posted about that either)

                                                


My furbaby Thor, went to heaven. We had him for about 8 years. He was great.He loved to come out of his cage and run around. He loved carrots.

  • Went kayaking on  a river for the first time. We did a four hour long trip. It was awesome and so peaceful. Just the two of us going down this long river in the middle of trees. A welcome break from all the insanity.(hmm I never posted about that one. Maybe I should)

Had a great harvest from my garden.Raspberries, Tomatoes, and green beans.


  •  Donated my hair to Pantene beautiful lengths and got a really nice letter back from them.
  • Made almost $500 dollars on Teachers Pay Teachers. It is really an honor to have other teachers pay to download the materials I made.  I keep my prices down as low as I can but still make a profit . I spend a lot of time making the items that I post and it does take time to post them.
  • I hand made a blanket for my napro Dr who had his 4th child. I love to crochet blankets. I learned from my mother. I should make a post about them and include the photos. I am working on new one right now.
  • Decided to get off of dairy. I was mostly successful. I only broke down and had some on a few occasions. 
TTC
  • Started Napro This was wonderful because a few months earlier I was told by the RE that nothing else could be done except IVF and I had unexplained infertility.
  • Had surgery number 4: Laproscopic  and found out that my Endo came back and was worse than it was a year ago when the RE lasered it out.
  • Had surgery number 5 which was Laparotomy #2 to remove all endo. This one was a piece of cake compared to the first one. What a difference the dr makes. 
  • Discovered that I have LUFS. Spent the rest of the year trying to find treatment but nothing worked. Then at the end I found a research study from Japan that looked promising. My Dr was very uneasy about trying something experimental. So I spent a lot of time looking for a Dr who would try.
  • Just when everything looked like I was at the end of my journey, I discovered a new forum about reproductive immunology and saw the name of a Dr who works with G-CSF. I sent him a letter a few days ago and will hopefully start treatment with him soon.
  • Joined the yahoo catholic infertility forum. Thank you to all the wonderful ladies on there who have shown me great support and are always there to answer questions. There are so many wonderful women on there, I cannot keep track.
  • I met some great women on the Fertility Ties forum last year. There are seven of us in the group.Two of the women had babies this year, one is pregnant now, and two of them are in the process of adoption.
  • I started this blog last spring. At first I started out with a desire to just list information about napro and try to help others in my situation. After months of disappointment, I started to come out of my shell and talk about some of my personal feelings. I still hold most of them back, but this has been a great way to get my feelings out.
  • I have met many great women becuase I have signed up to follow their blogs. It has been a privilege  to follow their stories of infertility, pregnancy, or daily life. Some of them now have babies and I look forward to reading about them and seeing pictures.
 Goals for 2011
  • work with the reproductive immunology Dr in cooperation with my Napro Dr and finally get the correct treatment.
  • know the right path to take whether it be to continue with treatments, file for adoption, or both.
  • focus on being healthy with exercise and diet.
  • spend more quality time with my DH and enjoy our lives.

1 comment:

  1. What a great summary of 2010 (except for losing your furbaby - so sorry to hear that). Here's to a WONDERFUL and hope filled 2011!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I love getting comments. You may also send me a private message if needed. I had to turn the word verification back on due to way too much spam.