Home Adoption Timeline Adoption Resources Infertility Resources My TCC Summary Image Map

Saturday, June 4, 2011

I Won't Back Down

Here we go again with a new cycle. Went in for CD3 blood testing. My numbers were pretty good for me. My FSH was 11. Some women complain about that, but once you see 37 you become content with 11. My left ovary is leading again. It has been the dominant for awhile now. My right one is covered with endo so I am so excited that the left one continues to take charge. My FSH to LH ratio was 2 which is great. Right now I am taking antibiotics, probiotics, mulit vitamin, 2 supplements, fish oil and a neupogen shot nightly. This starts phase one which will last for another week until I go back to check my follie's growth. My consult with the potential new Dr got moved to Monday. I am excited to talk with her and hear her ideas and her fees.

Last night we ate at Dinosaur Barbecue. This one is located in a city down by the river. We were able to get seats on the outdoor deck right next to the river. It was so beautiful. The sun was shining. Then we were surprised to see a local musician playing guitar blues type rock.  He was really good. We sat there and really enjoyed being a couple which does not usually happen due to all the madness. I told my dh that we need to spend more time relaxing and enjoying being a couple like the old days. This is hard when all of your money is being saved up to adopt or being spent on fertility treatments. So I felt like we were on a mini vacation listening to music in the sun, eating barbecue, near the river. We had a gift card, and our meal was free.  The musician was very good. He sang some songs I did not know, but lots that I did. He sang Tom Petty's I won't back down. He did a great version. I love that song. It also gave me some inspiration to keep going.  Here are some lyrics in case you are not familiar.(I know I have some readers in Mexico) Here is a link to a video
Well I won't back down
No I won't back down
You can stand me up at the gates of hell
But I won't back down

No I'll stand my ground, won't be turned around
And I'll keep this world from dragging me down
gonna stand my ground
... and I won't back down

Chorus:
(I won't back down...)
Hey baby, there ain't no easy way out
(and I won't back down...)
hey I will stand my ground
and I won't back down

Well I know what's right, I got just one life
in a world that keeps on pushing me around
but I'll stand my ground
...and I won't back down

2 comments:

  1. Dinosaur Barbecue?!?!? I love that place! We used to go there in college.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! YES! you have some readers from Mexico!!! =) Thanks for sharing this song!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I love getting comments. You may also send me a private message if needed. I had to turn the word verification back on due to way too much spam.