I called the RI's office today to set up an appointment with the Dr to go over my plan. I have to pay 3 months at a time. I explained that I was purchasing another 3 months and what I usually pay for it. Then she put me on hold for 10 minutes. Then she comes back and tells me that she will need to call me back. HMMMM So 30 min later the office manager calls me back to tell me about a fee increase. While I can understand a small increase bc prices are going up everywhere, his cost for talking to me on the phone and ordering lab tests has not gone up. So I thought maybe an extra hundred. I almost passed out when she tells me that I will now have to pay DOUBLE............WHAT???? Then she tries to make me feel better bc since I am an established patient I ONLY have to pay double bc new patients will have to pay triple........Of course they decide to tell me at the start of my cycle when I have no choice.
Now I do not know what to do. This is outrageous. Since I pay out of pocket, there is nothing I can do about it. I put the word out on the yahoo immunology board to alert his patients and to see what others have to say about it.
He said that he was going to do basically the same protocol this month. I still have 2 more refills on the neupogen so I could just take it myself without needing him. I do not even know if the neupogen had any effect. I am getting more immune tests done this week and it will take two weeks to get the results back. I was thinking about sitting this one out and waiting until I get the results and go from there.
I am looking into different immune drs, but there are not too many out there. I have heard that most are overbooked and they charge about the same. Now that he doubled his price maybe they will be cheaper? I do not want to have to pay the new consult fee again bc this last one was very expensive. I have already invested a lot of money into Dr JB
My DH wants me to send him an email. I am so mad right now that I have to cool down before I do that. Plus I am not even sure what I want to do yet.
Does anyone have a good immune dr that has reasonable fees and will not charge a huge new patient fee if you transfer?
UGHH maybe this is a sign that I should quit?