Home Adoption Timeline Adoption Resources Infertility Resources My TCC Summary Image Map

Friday, July 1, 2011

Our Adirondack Adventure


June 29th was our 9th wedding anniversary. Since we are saving money for many possible things including adoption, we decided to plan a day trip. We went to Adirondack Extreme Adventure Course . I am terrified of heights/falling so I was not sure if I was going to be able to do this. Here is a link to some photos from their site http://www.adirondackextreme.com/photos  I took some on the ground, but I was too afraid to take some in the air and drop my camera.
 At first I really freaked out. You are up very high standing on a small platform. Then you have to switch your clips to the line and start walking across to the other side. There were different obstacles. For example, a rope bridge, logs, rock wall, zip lines, swaying swings etc. Some were easy and some were crazy. The hardest ones were the ones that swayed. You had to time it right so you could jump from one to the next. I got this great photo from the web. I would have been too scared to take this photo. Looking at it freaks me out. Imagine standing on that platform looking  at that small swing you have to step on high up in the trees. It was very scary for me. At first I froze and did not think I would be able to finish. It takes a lot of courage. You have to trust that the harness will catch you if you fall. You have to trust yourself that you will have the strength and timing to be able to get across.  I was happy that I was able to overcome my fear and do two of the 5 courses. They each get harder and higher up as you go. The zip lines were fun. At the end you get to do the giant zip line finale. We had fun. We did something new that pushed us out of our comfort zones.


After we finished, we stopped at Lake George on the way home for lunch. We ate at a restaurant that had a forest theme with animated animals on the wall that would make noise and move. Every so often it would have a storm with lightning  flashing and the sound of rain.After the storm, a rainbow would appear. They brew their own famous Moose Wizz Rootbeer.







Then we walked around town and went to the House of Frankenstein Wax museum . It had different scenes set up. You walk around in the dark and look into the windows. It has old fashioned animatronics, but it has charm.












1 comment:

  1. We went ziplining in Costa Rica...lots of fun, but scary at times! Looks like fun and geez..that pic...I am glad you made it! :)
    Happy 9th!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I love getting comments. You may also send me a private message if needed. I had to turn the word verification back on due to way too much spam.