Home Adoption Timeline Adoption Resources Infertility Resources My TCC Summary Image Map

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Back From the Dude Ranch

This week we celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary. We went away to a dude ranch. It was a lot of fun. They had lots to do on site such as pools, archery, table tennis, mini golf, giant bouncy pillow, live shows at night etc. They main reason we went there was to ride horses.

The first day was a little bumpy. My dh was a little uncomfortable around all the kids. (I don't mind kids, it is the out of control screaming babies that bother me.) He said that he felt like he stuck out since we were the only ones who did not have kids. He did not want people to think he was a SO looking for children.  It took me a while to get him to realize that nobody was looking at him. I had no idea that he was going to react that way. He does not really talk about it in general.

You get to ride once a day. We went to sign up for the horses and we were told that they were already all booked for the next day. I had a meltdown. I guess a large troop of girl scouts got there first and took up all the slots. I cannot believe now how I reacted back then. I was so angry I almost went home. Sounds totally dumb now, but my  life is out of my control with IF. So when I planned a nice trip and expected certain things to happen and then they didn't I freaked.

After I recovered from my meltdown, we started to enjoy the dude ranch. My dh does not swim a lot. It was great to get him to go into the pool. We went bathing suit shopping a few days before. I had not bought a suit in years. He convinced me to buy something more sassy. It was really hard to find a good suit since most of the two piece suits went so low you could see my surgery scar. I kid you not. It is called  bikini line incision bc the suit bottom should cover the scar, but these suits were lower. Then my dh saw something on a manikin. It was a two piece but the bottom was little hot pants and the top was a bikini. It was great bc it covered my bruises and my scars but the top the was sassy and I felt really good in it. It was so unlike me. I haven't felt that confident in a long time. I usually just wear a one piece covered up with a shirt and water shorts.


We were able to go horseback riding twice the next day and then once the day after that. My dh had never been on  a horse before. He had a blast. It was really hot in the corral but the trails were all in the forest under a canopy of trees. It was so quiet and peaceful to go into the woods on horseback. We even saw a pair of deer in the woods. They saw us and were not scared at all. We were so close. I loved every moment of it. It was great to do something different and break up my usual routine. I had not ridden a horse in 15 years.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a blast!! Glad you had fun ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you had a good time! Happy anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary.. so glad you guys had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy 10th Anniversary!!!
    Your trip sounds amazing! I would love to ride a horse along all those trails! I would be like your hubby though ... scared to ride. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I love getting comments. You may also send me a private message if needed. I had to turn the word verification back on due to way too much spam.