Home Adoption Timeline Adoption Resources Infertility Resources My TCC Summary Image Map

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Treatment Options

The next day dh was feeling more rational. He was just overwhelmed by everything. Even though the look on his face still haunts me, at least we got the discussion going. After the way he reacted, I started to doubt whether or not I should give up. I told him that we need to have a serious plan.

We spoke about treatment options. LIT seems promising but it is not a guarantee. We would have to travel to Mexico to get it. DH was all on board to do it until we starting checking prices. It would be a few thousand to get plane tickets, hotel rooms, treatment etc. From what I read most people get it done twice. We could do it if it were a sure thing. But the thought of gambling all that money is tough when adoption is so expensive. We are not risk takers in general.

Then there is IVIG which is given in the USA but it is very expensive. I am not sure if my insurance will cover it. I  could try and see. But again we would be gambling a few thousand dollars. This also requires a blood transfusion which make me uncomfortable.

Then I went back to research LDN. It seems that IVIG and LDN treat 8 of the same diseases. In fact, based on my google research, LDN seems to treat more things than IVIG . LDN also treat endo and some GI issues, which I have. It started to give me back some hope that the LDN could be the trick. Here are the diseases. Please let me know if there are any to add. I hoping that if there is some mystery disease that I have but do not know that it will be covered.

Today is P+7 so I have one more week to go.


IVIG
Alzheimer's Disease
Dermatomyositis
Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
Myasthenia Gravis(MG
Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA)
Sjogren’s Syndrome
Stiff Person Syndrome (SPS)
Systenic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE)
Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyneuropathy (CIDP))
Guillain-Barre Syndrome (GBS)
Autoimmune Diabetic Neuropathy
Polymyositis
Multifocal Motor Neuropathy (MMN)
Common Variable Immunodeficiency (CVID)
Hypogammaglobulinemia
Severe Combined Immunodeficiency (SCID)
Wiskott-Aldrich Syndrome (WAS)
X-Linked Agammaglobulinemia (XLA)
other connective tissue disorders

 
LDN
Alzheimer's Disease
Dermatomyositis
Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
Myasthenia Gravis (MG)
Rheumatoid Arthritis
Sjogren’s Syndrome
Stiff Person Syndrome (SPS)
Systemic Lupus (SLE)
ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease)
Autism Spectrum Disorders
Behcet's Disease
Celiac Disease
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
CREST syndrome
Crohn's Disease
Endometriosis
Fibromyalgia
Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
Parkinson's Disease
Pemphigoid
Primary Lateral Sclerosis (PLS)
Psoriasis
Transverse Myelitis
Ankylosing Spondylitis
Sarcoidosis
Scleroderma
Ulcerative Colitis
Wegener's Granulomatosis

1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by. I love getting comments. You may also send me a private message if needed. I had to turn the word verification back on due to way too much spam.