Home Adoption Timeline Adoption Resources Infertility Resources My TCC Summary Image Map

Monday, February 21, 2011

Sock Swap for National Infertility Awareness Week 2011

This is my first attempt at putting together a project so please be kind. The other day I was browsing a forum and came across this website. http://www.fertilitysocks.org/  (See her project description below)
*************************************************************************************************************
Based on Emily's idea, I am putting together a smaller project for National Infertility Awareness Week which is April 24-30 2011. Since we all need to be able to focus on the positives, the idea is to give/receive  fun,  colorful, cheery, novelty socks.  My project will run from now to the end of April which gives you about two months. Women will sign up, purchase a new pair of fun novelty socks, and send them to another woman. I am going to gather the addresses and match everyone up. The swap will happen during national infertility week which is April 24-30 2011 
The original project from http://www.fertilitysocks.org/  focuses on women who are currently infertile. For my project I would like to include all women who have struggled with infertility. No matter what stage you are in, we all need to support each other. I thought this would be a fun way, to share positive thoughts, and help those of us up north get some cheer in this long winter. On the sign up form, I am asking what stage you are in so I can make good matches.
**Please click on this link to sign up. Sock Swap Entry Form.
**The deadline to sign up is April 16. This should give me enough time to match everyone up, send out the addresses, and give you enough time to mail them.

If you do not want to participate in the swap,  please visit Emily's site and consider sending her a donation of socks or stamps.
*************************************************************************************************************

The following is quoted from her site http://www.fertilitysocks.org/ "There are no magical socks that can cure infertility, but they can lift the spirit of those struggling with the challenge.  I started the Fertility Socks movement as I was dealing with my own fertility problems. When discussing an upcoming procedure I was going to have, my nurse said to me, "Wear fun socks.  It's a good conversation starter." She is so right.  As an infertile woman, my feet spend a lot of time up in stirrups - much more than the average woman.  They are the highest point in the room during an exam, so my feet may as well be entertaining to all those present. So I asked my friends for fun socks for all of my future procedures.  They knew I was suffering, so they liked giving me a gift that made me smile.  I liked taking a symbol of my friends support with me to the hospital... and my feet looked great. Now its your turn.  Infertile?  Let us send you a pair of socks to brighten your procedure. Want to offer support?  Donate a pair of socks, and we'll send them to an infertile woman in need of humorous footwear and a smile."
Best Wishes,
Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I love getting comments. You may also send me a private message if needed. I had to turn the word verification back on due to way too much spam.