Home Adoption Timeline Adoption Resources Infertility Resources My TCC Summary Image Map

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Foxp3 Cells

 


Yesterday was p+7 and my bw was average. I am happy with average. My estrogen was 98 and my progesterone was 14.4.  I am taking supplements of both, so I know without them, my levels would be terrible. I am taking a tiny amount of estrogen which is half of a pill twice a day. I am glad to see that the number is low enough to indicate ovulation but not too low which could cause trouble. I was cautiously optimistic yesterday but today I started to talk myself into doubt.


Today while I was driving I saw a fox walking down the road. I had never seen one in the wild like that before. It reminded me that I need to deal with my fox cells. In Sept, I had a uterine biopsy and the results show that my uterine natural killer cells were fine but my Foxp3 cells were low which is bad. These cells turn off your body's immune response. I left the immune dr in June, bc he charged too much and did not provide good service. The consultant who I hired and suggested the test told me I am her first client to have this issue. I waited for her to find the treatment but she just wrote me back today to say she is still not sure. She even contacted Dr. Winger at the Beer center where the test was run but he never got back to her. UGH I am trying not to get annoyed. I thougth about contacting him myself or asking my awesome napro dr to contact him, but he will probably want a  lot of money and make me become his patient etc which is not what I want.

I went back on the internet to do some research. I could not find a treatment. I found some research articles but I could only see the abstract  and most of them were way above my reading level. I saw the same name pop up a few times. I googled it and found out that she is a Dr in Australia who does research. I got the nerve to email her and ask her if she knows of any treatments. I figured that I have nothing to lose. I am hoping that she will take pity on me. Maybe she will be flattered that someone read her research and is interested. Maybe she will ignore me. Who knows? I had to take a chance. When I contacted the Dr in Japan last Nov he wrote me right back and helped me move along. Now it is a year later and I just contacted a Dr. in Australia.

I still have a lot of neupogen in my fridge. I also saw this pop up in my research. I am hoping that it will be a treatment. Right now, I am taking it subcutaneously. I have read about uterine washes and wonder if this could help get to the area better so I asked her about that too. I told her that I need some research to back my up before I ask my napro Dr to try it.

I have one more week until I find out if this worked. I need to try to get some answers on this low foxp3 cells so I can have peace of mind that I am doing everything right. My DH tried to remind me last night that normal people can take up to six months. I reminded him that I don't know if am normal yet bc I have so many issues that I am trying to fix. This foxp3 is the last one that I know of that needs to be addressed.

So if anyone out there has the same issue or knows of any research, please let me know.

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like some interesting stuff! I hope the doctor in Australia gets back to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no clue! But it sounds like you're on the right track.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I knew the human body was complicated, but I had NO idea just how complicated. Its amazing to me that you have this knowledge about Foxp3 ... I would definitely bug your doctor about an answer. The squeaky wheel gets the grease!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Since its rediscovery in the mid-1990s, FOXP3+ regulatory T cells (Tregs) have climbed the rank to become commander-in-chief of the immune system. They possess diverse power and ability to orchestrate the immune system in time of inflammation and infection as well as in time of harmony and homeostasis. To be the commander-in-chief, they must be equipped with both offensive and defensive weaponry. This review will focus on the function of transforming growth factor-β (TGF-β) as the sword, the wand, and the shield of Tregs. Functioning as a sword, this review will begin with a discussion of the evidence that supports how Tregs utilize TGF-β to paralyze cell activation and differentiation to suppress immune response. It will next provide evidence on how TGF-β from Tregs acts as a wand to convert naı¨ve T cells into iTregs and Th17 to aid in their combat against inflammation and infection. Lastly, the review will present evidence on the role of TGF-β produced by Tregs in providing a shield to protect and maintain Tregs against apoptosis and destabilization when surrounded by inflammation and constant stimulation. This triadic function of TGF-β empowers Tregs with the responsibility and burden to maintain homeostasis, promote immune tolerance, and regulate host defense against foreign pathogens.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry bout the cut and paste, but in a nutshell if you've come this far...you are to be commended in finding what many Unexplained patients have been waiting for. Basically, its been proven that a decrease in Foxp3 is the missing key to homeostatis in balancing the immune system of us with immunological issues. In my case, I have depleted Foxp3 and overproduction of IFNy.(interferon) My symptoms create a connective tissue disease which is like lupus, but not yet fully. Mixed connective tissue disease gets wrong diagnosis often and took alot of testing and monitoring to rule out all the others. Seems this immune system of our body is quite a puzzle even for the doctors let alone putting together a good team of for the correct therapy to get pregnant. G-csf and neuprogen has been successful in some patients though without the correct balance, the therapy could be counter-intuititive. I'm enclosing for you a piece on studies being done for ways to increase Foxp3...but seems no one is there yet with regard to reproductive therapy that is working. I have had a hard time finding a clinician to work with me on this and I live in NYC...tons of researchers to speak with, but no one willing to give me a Foxp3 increase therapy....Only options I have to date are G-csf and Neuprogen...and of course lots of doctors prescribing Lovenox now if you have not yet been intro'd to that. good luck and thanks for also sharing your info.

    http://jmcb.oxfordjournals.org/content/4/1/22.full.pdf+html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I love getting comments. You may also send me a private message if needed. I had to turn the word verification back on due to way too much spam.